Re: v$sqlarea update frequency

  • From: "Daniel W. Fink" <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:19:46 -0700

If I recall Graham Wood's presentation at UKOUG correctly (and can read my notes), in 10gR1 or earlier, it is updated when the statement finishes. In 10gR2, it is update every 5 seconds.

I have not tested this, so take with a grain of salt.

Regards,
Daniel Fink

Binh Pham wrote:

K,

Thanks. However, I kept querying the v$sqlarea for the same hash_value and did not see it changed for a while later (much longer than 3 seconds).

    From: /K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>/
    To: /binhpham15@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
    Subject: /Re: v$sqlarea update frequency/
    Date: /Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:06:32 -0800 (PST)/

    IIRC it is 3 seconds. Some of the structures take longer time(
    means they are not updated till the call ends)
Best Regards,
    K Gopalakrishnan,

http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#gopalakrishnan

    Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

    Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface: Oracle Press 2004.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007222729X/