very interesting thing about migrate db from different OS

  • From: "biti_rainy" <biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:20:16 +0800

hi,all

we  find a  very  interesting thing:

we  copy the  WINDOWS2000  datafile  to linux (they  have  the  same  byte
order)

and , dd a  linux  datafile header to  cover the  windows datafile  header(the
header  block  is not  include in  dba_data_files),the  block  is  not  seem in
 database ,it  is  for  OS. ls -l  can  see  ,the  datafile  size  is  bigger
than  dba_data_files for  one  oracle  block.

when  we  change  the  OS  file  header,we  can  create  controlfile and  open
the  database ,and  we  can  query /create table ... etc.

is  there someone  can  discuss it?

Best regards
msn: biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxxxx
a dba from alibaba(china)