Re: using set role command in a logon trigger

  • From: laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 19:51:57 -0700 (PDT)

Yes that is what I am requested to do.

looking at proxy users now. Anyone set this up using JBoss  and a datasource
connection?

Little confused on if  in the datasource do you specify rolename to use? Has
anyone used this before I attempt all this work?

Many Thanks,
Laura

P.S I think it's a bug because is no error saying this is not allowed at
compile time or at runtime.

This bug number references and enhancement request.

-Lizz

Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: On 4/4/07, laura pena
<lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nothing seems to work. Seems you are not allowed set a role in a trigger or
stored procedures
  bug # 2722827.

Didn't realize it was considered a bug.  Oracle has not allowed
privileges set through a role for as long as I can recall.

Sorry I didn't mention that in my previous reply, I had already hit <SEND>.

 Any creative ideas?

As I understand it, you need to be able to assign privileges for a particular
user at runtime, based on which app the user has logged in from?

Take a look at proxy users.  That may be of help.  See 'Alter User' in the
SQL reference (9i) to get started.  This may or may not do what you need.

--
Jared Still

The fish are biting.