RE: using alter xx.xxx recompile to reset packages in other sessions

  • From: "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:36:40 +0000

More detail or the code involved might help someone provide you with a
different approach.  I do not understand why you would need to use a package to
hold what is a constant for one day then update it apparently on the change in
the date to the next day.   Using an Oracle Context object to hold a global
variable and value might be an option.