upgrading to 10g and OEM

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-rdbms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 08:07:45 -0500

Reviewing Oracle® Database Upgrade Guide 10g Release 1 (10.1) Part No.
B10763-02
On page 3-11 it states:
When you run the Database Upgrade Assistant, the assistant checks to see if
the Oracle Management Agent has been installed on the host computer. If the
assistant locates an Oracle Management Agent, select the Grid Control option
and select an Oracle Management Service from the drop-down list. When you
finish installing the Oracle Database, the database will automatically be
available as a managed target within the Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid
Control.

1. Does this mean that before I run the Database Upgrade Assistant, I have to
install the OEM Agent so that Grid Control will be configured?
2. Our OMS repository is 9i right now. Do I have to upgrade it before
upgrading the databases?  If so, how can I do so since above states it wants
the agent installed first?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113