RE: unix Ksh script variable

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:04:57 -0500

Yes I did this as well, using vbscript, and using korn-shell/awk (easier).

From your unix box, create a password function, that returns you password.
Then you can reuse it in any script.

Remember also that your script will have to 'branch' for SYS as it connects 'as
sysdba', or the other option depending on which user is running the script, not
to have a password for sys at all.  '/ as sysdba'.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546