Re: unexplained recursive SQL stmt appearing in AWR report...

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nilosegura@xxxxxxxxx, "Polarski, Bernard" <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:17:55 -0800 (PST)

Given the high number of executions it appears to me that you have a
table/tables with large number of partiitions and this sql is recursively
getting executed  for each partition you access.

  My 2 cents

  -Fairlie

Nilo Segura <nilosegura@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi!

The only jobs (scheduler) defined are

AUTO_SPACE_ADVISOR_PROG
GATHER_STATS_PROG
PURGE_LOG_PROG

and they are all disabled... so that shrink object job you mention, I can not
find it...I do not think I activated it anyway (if the default installation
does not do it, we did not do either).

I also checked who was running them, and it is SYS.

  On 2/7/07, Polarski, Bernard <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
There is the permanent shrink objects job on 10g. It run all the time if you
activate it, so that you are even obliged to filter out
  these jobs on the OEM/DB console scheduler screen if you want to see the
other jobs.

    Bernard Polarski