Re: undo segments online causing performance problems.

  • From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:03:18 +0300

I do have statspack report during this situation and what is mentioned
in the metalink note, exactly has been occured to us. Like, enqueue is
one of the top 5 timed events and under the enqueue activity, I see,
TX (transaction Exclusive) and US (Unod Segments) entries.
We have reported this to Oracle Support and they are still revieiwing
the TAR. My question, why oracle doesn't reuse the already online undo
in place of bring more undo segs. online.
Still puzziling.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain