Re: uncompress: corrupt input

  • From: "Jeremy Paul Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:52:43 -0500

One other quick thought ~ when i transfer files between linux and windows in
ASCII mode it usually doesn't do any character set translation, just
converts CR to CRLF.  If this is your only problem then the old dos2unix
utility might undo the CRLF conversions.  You could try running it through
that utility and then see if the new copy will decompress.

-Jeremy

On 4/24/07, Peter McLarty <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Have you tried running the file command ie file abc.Z to see what unix
thinks of it if it says its text I guess you have a nice lot of rubbish of
which you may or may not be able to salvage anything, if not then you should
know what sort of compression utility you require to unpack it

Cheers

Peter