transient logical standby/rolling upgrade/physru

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:08:28 -0400

I'm considering an upgrade of 11.2.0.1->11.2.0.2 via a transient logical
standby.  I've
found that most concept docs depart from reality, so I'm looking to find some
real, step-by-step
docs.  Looking at this one:

MAA upgrade document using Data Guard and Physical Standby (Rolling Upgrades):
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/maa-wp-11g-upgrades-made-easy-131972.pdf

The document does not lend me much confidence.  Has anyone done this?  Does it
work
as advertised?  Limited downtime is so very attractive.  There be dragons?