RE: tnsnames.ora file maintenance

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:00:30 -0500

Hi Gene,

After much experimenting w/ OID, I discovered a much simpler solution, called
tnsManager.
See:
http://www.shutdownabort.com/tnsmanager/

I've been running it a few months now.  Simple to setup and configure, runs
great, and it MUCH MUCH lighter weight and far less complex than OID.

OID can do a TON of stuff tnsManager can't.  But, if all you want is
centralized tnsnames.ora, this is the way to go!

I love it!

-Mark