Re: table reorg

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raja4list@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 16:51:32 +0200

did you check wait events at  instance level ? or using sql trace:

alter session set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12';

alter table xyz move;

alter session set events '10046 trace name context off';

then check the resulting trace file, gives you the most detailed view of
what's going on

or, while the move is already running, query v$session to get the
sid/serial#, then use
dbms_support.start_trace_in_session(sid,serial#,true,true); to start trace
from your current session (must be dba)  - if dbms_support isn't available
in your database, and you're in 9i or above, @?/dbms/admin/dbmssupp.sql will
create it.

Stefan

On 5/6/06, raja rao <raja4list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

How to track the table reorg:

alter table xyz move;

A 2 GB table is taking long time to compelte the operation (almost we
waited for 2 hrs, but no use).

Other tables more than 2 GB also taking little time ( ~ 15-20 mins).

can someone tell me how to track this and what could be the reason for
this specific tbale taking long time for reorg ?

I checked for the wait events. No locks, no wait events.

is there a way to check the progress of this process ?

Thanks,
Raj

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+
countries<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman9/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com/>for
 just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.