RE: system stats (9205) - can they go stale?

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mark.teehan@xxxxxxxx'" <mark.teehan@xxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:14:13 -0700

Mark,

Did you recently collect stats for histograms? When you say the query runs
fast outside, did you specify bind variables or literal values? 9.x
introduced the now-slowly-becoming-infamous bind peeking that has many a DBA
scratching their heads wondering why performance see-saws.... Would you able
to flush the shared pool and retry the query from the procedure, and  if so,
does the performance change?

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at
http://www.klove.com

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **