Re: sys.col_usage$ question

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:19:05 -0000

equality_preds
    colX = 99

equijoin_preds
    t1.colX = t2.coly

The table is used by Oracle in its attempts to
do automatic selection of columns that could
use histograms.  It's on my to-do list to see if
it could be helpful for anything else.  The main
problem with it for analyzing indexing strategies
is that you get no clue about multi-column
predicates.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated Dec 23rd 2004