Re: sys password in a RAC

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  Your command will modify the password file on the node on which you run the
command.
  You either have to copy the file manually to the other nodes or run the same
command on all nodes of the cluster.

  Regards,
  Fairlie

Derya Oktay <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi,
I am currently dealing with the SYS password in a RAC environment. I get
confused with the information I had searched so for. I especially want to know
the relations between the password file and ALTER USER SYS IDENTIFIED BY
<sys_passpord>; command. What changes, after changing both or one by one.
Regards,
Derya.

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant