sqlplus extract question...

  • From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:34:37 -0600

I'm creating an extract of some data that will be qa'd in an excel
spreadsheet.  I'm creating a comma delimited file and am including the
column headings.  There are about 60 columns from 5 or 6 tables.
After (approximately) the fifteenth column, the headings become blank
and I can't figure out why.  The data is fine but the headings are
missing.  I'm not giving the columns any aliases or anything.  Is this
a setting in sqlplus?  A quick look through my O'reilly sqlplus book
didn't do me any good.  Before I spend some significant time trying to
figure out what is causing this, i thought i'd start here.

any ideas?

tia!

...sarcastism welcome (expected)! :)