sqlplus and spaces in path

  • From: "Sam Bootsma" <sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:34:09 -0400

Hello All,

I am on Oracle database 10.2.0.3.  My sqlplus version is 10.1.0.5.0.

I have a sql script in a directory with embedded spaces (for example,
directory C:\Documents and Settings\Staff\My Documents\_a).  This sql
script includes a couple of calls to other sql scripts using @@.  For
example:

@@sqlfile2

I can call my main sql script by enclosing the path and file name in
single or double quotes.  But when this sql script calls another script
using @@ (eg. @@sqlfile2), sql plus returns an error like:

 "SP2-0310: unable to open file "C:\Documents.sql"

Is there any solution to this problem?  Is it possible to load into
sqlplus a script from a directory which has spaces in its name, and this
file to call other files from the same directory with @@)?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sam Bootsma

Oracle Database Administrator