sql tuning on X$ table

  • From: "Eagle Fan" <eagle.f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:31:50 +0800

hi:

We have a monitoring tool to monitor database performance.

It run the following sql every few seconds and it cost a lot of CPU times.
About 20% of total CPU time.

select kslltnum latch#,sum(kslltwgt) gets,sum(kslltwff) misses,
                            sum(kslltwsl) sleeps from x$ksllt group by
kslltnum;

The sql is used to collect latch statistics, latch#, gets, misses, sleeps
and then get the top heavy latch contentions.

I have no idea how to tune this sql. It's on x$ table.

I have read kyle's presentation about direct SGA access and I think it may
help the sql.

Does anyone have experiences of using direct SGA access on production
system?

Any risks? How many performance gains?

Thanks

--