RE: sql loader question

  • From: "John Flack" <JohnF@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:37:24 -0500

Can you apply the "optionally enclosed by" to individual fields instead of all
fields?  Then you could leave it off of the offending field and use some SQL to
remove the quotes that are now not regarded as enclosuring marks.  Like this:
    AH_DESCRIPT   CHAR "SUBSTR(:AH_DESCRIPT,2,LENGTH(:AH_DESCRIPT)-1)",