Re: sql_execute in perl question

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:32:55 -0500

Mary, there is no such thing as sql_execute. It sounds like a
name of subroutine. Can you browse through your code and
see whether you have something like "sub sql_execute {"? there?
If not, look at the beginning and see what "use PkgName" or
"request PkgName" commands do you have. That sql_execute thing
should be structured something like this:
sub sql_exec {
my ($user,$pass,$db,$SQL,$p1,$p2,$p3)=@_;
use DBI;
my $dbh=DBI->connect("dbi:oracle:$db", $user,$pass);
my $sth=$dbh->prepare($SQL);
$sth->execute;
return(....); }