Re: slightly OT, OOW

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 12:39:31 -0600

Unfortunately, most of the evening events require your conference pass
to get in, so you can't smuggle in family. The appreciation event
requires a specific pass. You can usually get hold of extras from
friends who are giving it a miss, but there are no guarantees.

As Rodd mentioned, there is lots to do in SF. There are also "slow"
times in the conference schedule where you can take off if you have
something else to do. I usually spend that time in the OTN lounge,
because I have no life. :)

If you are planning on doing any of the tourist tours, like Alcatraz,
check in advance for availability. The first year I went to SF I just
winged it and nearly missed out on some stuff.

Cheers

Tim...