RE: silent install of 12c & creation of test database

  • From: "Pete Sharman" <pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>, "'ORACLE-L'" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:11:26 +1000

Kyle

Only a guess since I’ve never done both at once, but maybe because you need to
run root.sh in between?  If memory serves me correctly the passwords etc. are
used more for automating backups, but I could be completely wrong on all of
this – it’s happened before. :)

I’ve always run a software only installation separate to creating the database
– just personal foible I guess. :)

Pete

Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone:  <tel:+61262924095> +61262924095 | | Fax:  <fax:+61262925183>
+61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449

  _____

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

  _____