silent Installation

  • From: Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 03:56:30 -0800 (PST)

Hii,

  I am trying to install oracle 9i on solaris in silent mode.I have edited
response files as per instruction available in Net.
  I have edited LOCATION_FOR_DISK3=/tmp/oracle_install/d3 than also
installation logs has following error.
  "Unable to find disk 3. Installation cannot continue"
  than I have recorded response file bu this command
  ./runInstaller -record -destinationFile /tmp/response/orasol.rsp
  It has generated response file and I have tried with this file than aslo same
error.
  Can you help me with this regard

  Thanks,
  Murtuja

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get
things done faster.