RE: sapdba and DBMS_REDEFINITION online reorg

  • From: "Hand, Michael T" <HANDM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:26:54 -0400

To those who runs SAP and using sapdba,

How do I use DBMS_REDEFINITION (online reorg) in sapdba?

 Roger,
SAP want you to use the BRtools/BRspace utilities instead of sapdba and
are no longer maintaining it nor including it in the utility packs.
That being said, it still performs some functions better (in the eye of
the beholder) than brspace.  I don't remember seeing any online
reorganization capabilities in sapdba, only an exp/imp based method.
Check out brspace for options that do use DBMS_REDEF.

Regards,
Mike

--
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and
may contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally