Re: rowid value

  • From: Kim Berg Hansen <kibeha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:15:53 +0200

Exactly.

If the idea of deleting the "higher" ROWID is to delete the "newest" row,
that is not at all certain. But if the rows are identical duplicates, that
shouldn't matter ;-)

But supposing there are a *lot* of duplicates to remove (someone by mistake
ran a big import job twice, for example), wouldn't always picking "higher"
ROWID to delete be somewhat helpful in that there's a bigger chance of
clearing space by "emptying" blocks?

Regards

Kim Berg Hansen

http://dspsd.blogspot.com