Re: roles + pl/sql

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:17:28 +0000

Tim & Andreas

I do know this, and it actually gives more flexibility, but it still remains
the case that oracle's best database based dev tool *by default* rejects sql
statements in code that run in sql. Imagine an OS shell where you could test
statements interactively that ran just fine, but which when put in a
script/program with the same login wouldn't run interactively and you had to
explicitly say by the way I can run this. ( selinux/windows UAC) awful.

On 20 Dec 2010 17:47, "Tim Hall" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Remember, roles do work with PL/SQL if you use invoker rights (AUTHID
CURRENT_USER).

It is only when using owner rights (AUTHID DEFINER) they do not work.

Cheers

Tim...