Re: rman listing old backups

  • From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Thomas <jt2354@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 10:47:54 -0700

These backups only show when using the catalog, without it they do not show
up.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM, John Thomas <jt2354@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you tried connecting without the catalog and deleting from the
command line?

Just a thought.

Regards

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 17:13 Jeff Chirco <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I run a backup report from EM it is listing some very old backups
that should be deleted based on my retention policy. But when I log into
rman catalog and run a list backup summary those backups do not show up.
I've run a crosscheck backup, backupset, copy and delete obsolete and
expired backups but they still show up. I don't get it. How can I remove
these backups? One of them is a failed backup from April.

Jef