RE: rman compressed backup is much smaller but very slow

  • From: "Spears, Brian" <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <restomi_w@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 07:19:51 -0400

When I turned on the compression, all the 4 cpu's just pegged on a pretty
good solid machine because we had 4 threads. We have played around a lot
with tuning the backups which made the difference. We have backed up to Disk
and tape. Pros/cons with both like write to multiple tapes as recovery is
faster etc. I think we get about 160gig backed up per hour on average

Brian