Re: rman backup slow

  • From: Prasad <p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:02:31 -0800

Hi Robert,

I did as you suggested with no catalog . it took 30 minutes for a 8GB
datafile .which
still doesnot look that good ?

There is no major db size change in last few quarters . it is just that
recently  it is
overlapping with the business hours once in a while.

The backup goes   to one disk device . we are using 2 channel . I have yet
to find out the disk io rate.so far I have been trying from Oracle side to
see if any improvement can be done.

The current  current vxfs fs does not support async_io . as the way for us
to make it use
async io is to use ODM or quick i/o  and  both are not  easy option at this
time for this 9i database so  hoping enabling multiple slave  will reduce
async io wait.

Pleae let me know if I miss anything.

thanks
Pk