Re: restrict connections to some instances in RAC

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:30:27 +0200

Waleed,

The logon trigger unhandled exception handling behaviour is dependent on
whether the user trying to log on does have the "administer database
trigger" privilege or not. If she doesn't, then user gets an error message
and nothing is written to trace files. If she does have the priv, then she
is let in anyway and an error is written to trace.

I have tested it in 10g, 9i and I believe it works the same way in 8i as
well.

Tanel.