RE: resetlog confuse

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:13:26 -0500

The only reason that you HAVE to use resetlogs is when you do an
incomplete/point in time  recovery or rebuild the controfile.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.