Re: recovery past redolog corruption

  • From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark Strickland <mstrickland@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Mark Strickland wrote:

> Are you thinking of "_allow_read_only_corruption"?

Nope.  I've done this, but of course my notes are long gone.  It was
an event that once set, would allow block corruptions to take place
during recovery by not applying corrupted redolog entries.  This then
allowed the rest of the recovery to proceed to completion.

My recollection is that the level of the event specified the number of
corruptions to allow.

I believe this functionality is referred to in the abstract of error
10568 in ?/rdbms/mesg/oraus.msg.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton