Re: read this and thought of MOS

  • From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:00:50 -0600

Very true,
The main point is that most dbas and developers needing to get to stuff on MOS would rather just have a direct, fast, no-plugins-needed site that gives us quality reponses to our queries. I don't need drop down/pop-out/lock-me-in boxes to display a fraction of what I need so I can drill in somewhere else. Just give me a list of links i can click and read in a full browser page. My managers never get into MOS so all the pretty graphs and such are wasted effort.

--Rodd

On 02/11/2011 12:02 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort wrote:
Rodd,

I know what you are talking about but we are in 2011 already, a netbook with a good ssh client and a decent browser (Firefox?) is fairly cheap and honestly, if the only way to access a DB server is inside the datacenter and from it you can access MOS... I think you need to rethink the security of the database server ASAP. So, my point is that a text-based site that is accessible from lynx, ...

cheers
Alan.-

<//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l>