Re: questios relate to APEX?

  • From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis.Brouillette@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:26:10 -0400

We use it thru AS (with mod-apache).  It works very well.

Le 2011-08-15 10:56, dba1 mcc a écrit :
our customer plan to use APEX on ORACLE 11G database (LINUX server).  Based on
what I know APEX is former HTML database and come with ORACLE 11G software
free.  But when turn on APEX, we also need turn on HTTP port on database
server.  Due to security, we don't turn on HTTP port on database server.

1. Does any one have other solution for this?

2. Does APEX also come with ORACLE application software on 10G and 11G?  Can we
put APEX on application server?

Thanks.

Louis Brouillette
Chargé de projet informatique et technologique (DBA)
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435
Email: Louis.Brouillette@xxxxxxx