Re: problems with dblink in oracle 10.2.0.2

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:56:48 +0100

aha, to be honest I have never tried that in any versions, I thought remote
os authentification has security concerns

have you set to true the remote os authentification parameter ?

On 2/2/07, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, that is what I do. I have the same user existing on local and remote
DB and I am creating the dblink the way
you have it

thank you

Gene Gurevich

            amonte
            <ax.mount@xxxxxxx
                                      genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            02/01/2007 05:10                                           cc
            PM                        oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: problems with dblink in oracle
                                      10.2.0.2

Dont tell me you are using remote os authentification?

Are you saying

server 1 has user ops$adm1
server 2 has user ops$adm1

and in server 1 as ops$adm1 you do

create database link xxx
using 'yyy'

?

On 2/1/07, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all:

I have spend 2 weeks trying to get help from Oracle support on this (time
well wasted). Here is my issue.
I am running oracle 10.2.0. on aix 5.3 on a local server and on a remote
server. I have oracle id externally
authenticated on both sides. I can connect as sqlplus / to local DB and
as
sqlplus /@remoteDB.
I have created a db link on a local database :

create database link remoteDB using 'remoteDB'

When I try to use it I get an error:

desc user_tables@remoteDB

ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
ORA-02063: preceding line from PCCS03 (this is my remote DB)

The remote instance is up (I can tnsping id and connect via sqlplus).
What
is the problem here. I have been using
dblinks created this way in oracle 8 and 9 and never had this issue. Is
there anything new in oracle 10 related to this?
Does anyone know?

TIA

Gene Gurevich