Re: patchsets and CPUs

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:18:31 -0600

For me, it depends.
I tend to get my Oracle software patched the way I want it, and then run the database scripts

For example, going from 10.2.0.2 to and end result of 10.2.0.3 with Oct2007CPU
1. Applied 10.2.0.3 patchset
2. applied OPatch update
3. applied cpu and any other platform specific patches (for linxu 64-bit, there were several.
4. catupgrade
5. catcpu

we tend to install patchsets in new homes, though (either be reinstalling from scratch, or by cloning the home and then patching).

Joe Smith wrote:
How do most people apply patchsets and CPUs? All at once or one at a time? I have usually applied the patchset and then upgraded the database. Follow up by applying the CPU and then running catcpu.sql to upgrade the database. Somebody is telling me to apply both patches to the oracle home then upgrade the databases by running catupgrade and catcpu. What do most people do? thanks.
Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more. <http://biggestloser.msn.com/>

http://www.eset.com