Re: passwords in clear text and password protected roles bypass

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:37:04 -0500

On 03/15/2004 02:22:23 PM, Ron Rogers wrote:
> of course you could assign a value to the password and then spend a lot
> of time guessing it when you login.
> Ron

That's the idea. It's great for security, not so much for productivity.
I simply had to mention it, in case anybody from the damagement is reading
this list. Friends, Romans, fellow listers, please don't direct death threats
to me, my family or my pets if your PHB asks you to create script that would
change each user's password to a random value for security reasons.