packages becoming invalid at random

  • From: "Lyall Barbour" <lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:56:42 -0500

so, we are doing a large Banner (SunGard's front-end application like
Oracle Apps, but specific toward higher education) upgrade.  We've got it
done on Development Oracle 10.2.0.4 and Test databases.  We've seen weird
things going on with the packages in Test going invalid, with what seems
like at random.  Can anyone do a brief list of why packages, procedures,
etc will go invalid? like dropping synonyms, or altering tables?  or
point me to a doc on that kind of thing? And then, since this is
happening with what seems like at random, if anyone has any info about
how to turn on auditing for ALTER PACKAGE or DROP TABLE, etc...  we have
auditing on and it shows when users are altered, but i don't know much
more about auditing. Thanks everyone,Lyall

--
An Excellent Credit Score is 750
See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!