Re: package invocation CALL vs EXEC

  • From: Mohamed Houri <mohamed.houri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 20:09:52 +0100

I know one difference in calling a package using

*call package.procedure()*

versus

*begin*
*  package.procedure()*
*end;*

In case you use the cursor sharing FORCE, bind variable substitution will
occur in the first manner of calling the package while it will not occur in
the pl/sql begin end call

https://hourim.wordpress.com/?s=bind+variable

As a call represents a SQL function, exception like no_data_found and when
to many rows will not be reported as error while in th begin end call those
two errors will be reported

I didn't tested the comparison between call and exec.

Best regards
Mohamed Houri
www.hourim.wordpress.com

--

Houri Mohamed

Oracle DBA-Developer-Performance & Tuning

Member of Oraworld-team <http://www.oraworld-team.com/>

Visit My         - Blog <http://www.hourim.wordpress.com/>

Let's Connect -
<http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/mohamed-houri/11/329/857/>*Linkedin