RE: outline not working on 1 instance of RAC cluster

  • From: Wayne Adams <work@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:08:04 -0700

v$sql.outline_category tells you if a particular sql is using an outline, but it
doesn't tell what, if any, outlines are currently active.  If a SQL statement
that matches an outline in a specific category hasn't been executed yet, it
would
not show up in v$sql.

Wayne

From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: work@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:34:43 +0200

Have you tried v$sql.outline_category :-?

On 4/14/07, Wayne Adams <work@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Yes (as far as I know).  I was thinking about that when I was writing up
    the
    problem, but I couldn't figure out how to confirm.  I couldn't find a
    parameter
    or V$ view that would tell me for sure.

    Wayne
.