RE: oracle 9i LogMiner

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:32:59 -0500

Raj
   Thanks. Excellent tip. My problem was that I hadn't previously used
LogMiner, so I wasn't sure how harmless it is to create a dictionary. Also,
I thought maybe LogMiner would treat the databases as identical -- learned
that ain't so.
   But even without a dictionary, LogMiner did yield a lot of useful
information.
 This brings up a couple of questions for the list:
   1. Has creating a LogMiner dictionary ever caused anyone a database
problem?
   2. If your site is under change management, do you file a change request
in order to create a LogMiner dictionary?

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means
doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case,
the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
-- C.S. Lewis