Re: oracle 11.2 crs permission issue

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:04:31 -0400

I agree but you'd think oracle user would be able to have access to them.
Its easier to back things up as oracle then to go thru the hassle of
trying to do it as root.

joe

From:
Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:
Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
09/02/2011 08:43 AM
Re: oracle 11.2 crs permission issue

Seems like this is the way it is supposed to work...  clusterware files
really shouldn't be accessible by non-root users for security reasons.
I don't know of a way to go around this and get access from a non-root
user account.  I doubt it exists...  if it did then it would be a
security issue and would probably be removed in the next CPU/PSU.

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com
+1 312-725-9249