Re: ora-1788

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joe.Sweetser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:26:09 -0500

Try level# - level is a keyword for hierarchies, and desc on that table does
not show level. =)

On 8/31/06, Sweetser, Joe <Joe.Sweetser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can't find much on this yet and thought I would ask here. While trying to get values from sys.exppkgact$ to reinsert after performing a full export without the analytic workspaces in a database, I ran into this error when I added the last column to the query. I was told to "delete from sys.exppkgact$ where package = 'DBMS_AW_EXP';" to prevent the AW's from being exported in a full export. This is being done because we are importing from 10.1 to 10.2 and have to do the AW's separately. Not being a SQL wizard, I wonder if someone could explain the error and/or point me to the right docs to understand it.

Thanks,
-joe
http://www.peaceaday.com

SQL> select package, schema, class from sys.exppkgact$ where
package='DBMS_AW_EXP';

PACKAGE                        SCHEMA                              CLASS
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------
DBMS_AW_EXP                    SYS                                     2

SQL> select package, schema, class, level from sys.exppkgact$ where
package='DBMS_AW_EXP';
select package, schema, class, level from sys.exppkgact$ where
package='DBMS_AW_EXP'
                                              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01788: CONNECT BY clause required in this query block

SQL> -- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

--
Charles Schultz