optimal storage parameters for heavy inserts tables

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:44:14 +0300

Hi List,

Some of our tables have very heavy inserts and a couple of tables among them
have heavy updates as well. What are the good storage parameters for these
tables. Right now I have initial = 1024, next=initial and pct_increase=0. We
still uses DMT TBS and our version is 8.1.7.4. We are starting new season, so
we have truncated all the old data and starting a fresh. I would like to have
some good storage parameters settings for those tables.

I am planning to create a new TBS as LMT and move those heavey inserts tables
as uniform extent size as 1m.

I would be thankful to you if you can suggest good storage parameters for these
tables.

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain