Re: oem installation message

  • From: "kurtengelo@xxxxxxxxx" <kurtengelo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john40855@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:38:24 -0800

Hi John,

Unfortunately, according to metalink note 412431.1, OEM is not certified on OEL 5.2. I think that is why you're running into issues.

Kurt

The opinions expressed in this email are my own and are not the opinions of any
company.

John Smith wrote:
Hi. I am trying to install OEM on OEL 5.2, and keep on getting the message about unable to find libdb.so.2 when running the web cache configuration assistant.

Research indicated that I need to install gnome-libs, but when I try to install that I get the message below:

Missing Dependency: libdb.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package gnome-libs
Missing Dependency: libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0)(64bit) is needed by package gnome-libs

GLIBC is installed also.  Anyone have any ideas?