** no database opened message

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:09:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  I have a 9i 9.2.0.6 database on sunos : when I statup the database it hangs
after Database mounted.  message.

ORACLE instance started.

Database mounted.

However, the database opens fine and we are able to connect to it fine
and work normally on it. It does not say Database opened. The shutdown
immediate also hangs and it always has to be shutdown abort. Has anyone
encountered such situation. All the checks have been done. The server
also was bounced. No message/error in the alert log. No errors. No
completed database open message in the alert log. Thanks