Re: need help on create view as select ...

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:29:54 -0600

Being able to 'select' from a table doesn't tell me whether or not the user
has that privilege via a role or table grant.

as userA
SELECT * from user_tab_privs where table_name = 'Table1'.

What you likely need to do as SYSTEM is
'GRANT select ON userb.table1 TO usera'; (that was the 2nd bullet point in
my previous email).

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,
        the greatest joy is in having someone