need advise for reporting database setup

  • From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:52:38 +0530

Hello gurus,

we have the following

1. primary prod server ( oracle version 10g and OS : Linux)

we have received a request to configure the physical standby , and on
another server they want a database which should be used for reporting
purpose,
so that once in a week the application team can extract reports. ( But it
should be a logical standby which receives the redo data from physical
standby server and not from the
primary server and gets recovered)
we can setup the physical standby and logical standby for the primary.
But will it be possible to set up a logical standby to receive a redo data
from physical and not from primary server and gets recovered.
Please advise if we have any other alternative.

Thanks
Kumar