RE: multiple databases in a single RAC cluster

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:14:50 -0500

Yes, absolutely, we have one customer who has an 8 node RAC cluster that's
running 12 databases, each with between 2 and 8 instances, and a pile of other
customers with 2-4 node clusters with multiple databases.  I'm sure there's
some internal limitations as to the number of services that can be registered
in the CRS, but I doubt many people run into it.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito