Re: move db from one server to another server

  • From: "Joe Smith" <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:25:38 -0500

Ok, so the Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 is no problem as long as it is SPARC. I can do then the datafiles, i.e. clone the db from 9i to 10g?

thanks.

You should be able to do it but you have to test, obviously.

2006/6/21, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
I want to move a db from one server to another.  I basically have to do it
this way.  No upgrade in place, etc...

The first server is Solaris 8 sparc with oracle 9.2.0.5.0,  the second, or
new server will be Solaris 10 sparc with oracle 10.2.0.1.0

Can I use a combination of transportable tablespaces with converting  the
datafiles with endian format?

-- Best regards, Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com